IFRS/IPSAS Consulting, Conversion & Training
We have over 20 years of hands-on experience in dealing with International Financial Reporting Standards
(IFRS) and International Accounting Standards (IAS).
We have successfully assisted clients in implenting
the provisions of the most challenging standards.
Past assignments include, but are not limited to:
Conversion: Assisting entities in their conversions from national GAAP to IFRS.
- Implementation, in a
major financial institution, of the requirements of IFRS 7 Financial Instruments: Disclosures:. This
included guiding the client as to the source and format of the information and drafting the requisite notes to the financial
- Implementation in several significant entities, of the requirements of IAS 12 Income Taxes
including complex situations involving tax loss carryforwards and loss-making situations. This included the preparation of
journal entries and notes to the financial statements.
- Implementation in several significant entities of the requirements
of IAS 19 Employee Benefits. This included the preparation of journal entries and notes to the financial
- Implementation, in several significant entities with substantial financial assets and financial liabilities,
of the requirements of IAS 32/39 Financial Instruments: Presentation, Recognition and Measurement
including issues pertaining to Hedge Accounting. This included the preparation of hedge documentation, journal
entries and notes to the financial statements.
- Performing, in a significant entity with substantial property, plant
& equipment, an impairment test consistent with the requirements of IAS 36 Impairment. This included
the preparation of journal entries.
In addition to the provision of significant IFRS training, we have also
assisted clients in implementing the requirements of the following standards:
- IFRS 3 Business Combinations
4 Insurance Contracts
- IAS 1 Presentation of Financial Statements
- IAS 7 Cash Flow Statements
- IAS 8
Accounting Policies, Changes in Accounting Estimates, and Errors
- IAS 10 Events After the Balance Sheet Date
16 Property, Plant and Equipment
- IAS 17 Leases
- IAS 18 Revenue
- IAS 21 The Effects of Changes in Foreign
- IAS 27 Consolidated and Separate Financial Statements
- IAS 31 Interests in Joint Ventures
37 Provisions, Contingent Liabilities and Contingent Assets
- IAS 40 Investment Property